Friday 11 March 2011

Salterhebble - Where's that!!


I was on holiday last Friday and thought it was a great opportunity for a spot of running. Instead of deciding a route in advance, I decided to just run for two hours to see how far I could get!
This seemed like a good idea at the time - however, I may not have thought it through!! My route took me to Shelf roundabout and then to Brighouse, passed Kendals ice cream shop (i didn't stop off). I continued to a large roundabout and turned right towards Elland. From Elland I ended up in Salterhebble - not a place I'd been to before.
It so happened that it was opening time and I found myself in a lovely pub called the Watermill. A taxi back was in order - which cost me £12 and I have since driven the route and clocked it at 9 miles. Only 8 weeks left but with a bit of a push I reckon I can build it up even further – who knows, next time I may make it past the pub......

No comments:

Post a Comment